• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bandwidth usage and a few other bits..

P

PedstersPlanet

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the bandwidth supposed to be reset (0mb) at each month automatically?
When the 1st of november came, it never reset the bandwidth of all domains. It should shouldnt it? To reset it had to use traffic.sh manually via SSH to reset every domain..... This is very teedius.

So, is it supposed to reset automatically every month or do we need to set up a cron script?
You see, my hosting company (where I rent my server) has set a server-wide limit of 50Gig, so this is why I'm confused that the bandwidth usages didnt reset.,

TIA

EDIT: OOOOOOO I forgot.... It is safe to use the Autoupdater in Plesk, as theres a few components that can be upgraded.?

Also, firewall...... I wish to edit my firewall rules, namely the MySQL to deny all incoming traffic (to prevent viruses, worms, hackers, etc) - I trust this can be done?
However, when I tried to ''Activate'' the new .sh script, it displayed this error:

===============
Could not activate firewall configuration:
safeact: /usr/local/psa/modules/firewall/firewall-new.sh failed:
iptables: Memory allocation problem.
===============

Any assistance appreciative

Originally posted by PedstersPlanet
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt the bandwidth supposed to be reset (0mb) at each month automatically?
So, is it supposed to reset automatically every month or do we need to set up a cron script?
It is supposed to reset itself, and optionally keep traffic stats by month, so you can use Domain - Report - Traffic History, and see the month by month breakdown of usage.
is safe to use the Autoupdater in Plesk, as theres a few components that can be upgraded.?
The only advice I give for this is 'use caution'. Only select the updates which you are licensed for and use. Do NOT just select "everything" available.
Also, firewall...... I wish to edit my firewall rules, namely the MySQL to deny all incoming traffic (to prevent viruses, worms, hackers, etc) - I trust this can be done?
If you are using the Plesk Firewall interface, then do NOT edit the mysql entries directly. They store the information in database blobs. If you ARE NOT using the Plesk Firewall module, and are using just normal IPTABLES, then you should not have to manipulate any mysql database, just your own iptables script manually.

Re: Re: Bandwidth usage and a few other bits..

Originally posted by ShadowMan
It is supposed to reset itself, and optionally keep traffic stats by month, so you can use Domain - Report - Traffic History, and see the month by month breakdown of usage.

Shall I notify my hosting company about this....
Also, I just checked the Virtuozzo Traffic Log, and it says that it gets 700mb to 1.5gig a day? Surely that cant be right? I only have 2 domains on my server, and they certainly do not get that much traffic a day.....

One of my domains is on 13.3gig, so thats like 1gig roughly a day - I know for a fact it doesnt get that much traffic!
When I was on shared hosting, my monthly bandwidth hardly went over 10gig, if that.... So, what could be going on.... :/

See attach jpg for Virtuozzo Traffic Log (November)......

Edit: The file didnt attach, bit silly isnt it!

Back