• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AmaZili Communication

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

First of all, I want to thanks the dev team for creating in a short time a nice extension for supporting letsencrypt certificates within plesk panel.

That done, I wonder what is the best practice you would recommend to add new subdomains to an existing LE certificate ?

Currently only domain.tld and www.domain.tld are supported within the interface.

Is the dev team planning to enhance the current interface ?

Meanwhile using command line, what would be your advise to add subdomains ?

Thanks for help

Last edited:
I don't get this. I've just used let's encrypt (via plesk) to make a certificate for a subdomain and it works fine. Even the browser says the site is 'Verified by: Let's Encrypt'. Just use the extension to make a certificate for the subdomain and see if it works.

Plesk 12.5.30 #18 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

IF, and it is a BIG IF, man create a a subdomain in the plesk interface AND then create a certificate dedicated to this subdomain, it does work.

BUT if you just want to do the following :

create a domain, add a LE certificate, it will only support yourdomain.tld and www subdomain, then if you enforce HSTS poilicy on your yourdomain.tld covering subdomains, THEN you will not be able to access your webmail...

The idea is to find a way to add properly support to subdomains like webmail to the LE certificate generated via plesk addon, even using command line.

Hello, I am trying to secure my staging server with www2.mydomain.com which has A record in dns and is a copy of www.mydomain.com. I have a server alias setup in apache ie
ServerAlias www2.mydomain.com.

In lets Encrypt extension we do not get option for subdomain only www. How do I get a cert that is for www2.mydomain.com without affecting the live site ?
Thanks
Paul

Back