• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Best practice to set up mailserver

KooTjoo

Basic Pleskian
I hope someone can point me in te right direction regarding mail server settings in Plesk Onyx.

I have a VPS with Plesk Onyx on it used for hosting several domains for my customers. I would like these customers to be able to use secured mail server.

I see I can set Mail Certificate in Onyx now, but how do I set things up for that to work properly. My customers now use following servers to use mail:

mail.domainname.com is this the correct approach to make them use the certificate of the mailserver?

I want to avoid these error messages for my customers:
Message: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect.

I short does anybody know a good tutorial on how to setup secured mail on a Plesk Server.

Thanks,
KooTjoo

Ok, thank you! So actually no solution yet for things I want to achieve:

@virtubox , @mr-wolf ,

Thanks for your comments.

Just to make sure people reading this post understand the current, as of July 2017, situation :

Man CAN protect their webmail using Let's Encrypt certificate with the current Plesk add-on.
Man CANNOT protect their mail server (pop/imap/smtp) for multiple domains using the Let's Encrypt certificate on current Pesk Implementation.

And We (at AmaZili) are actively looking for a solution to use Let's Encrypt certificates for pop/Imap/smtp servers.

Again thanks for your comments and clarification.

Philippe

Back