• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best Upgrade path?

H

Helter

Ok, here's the situation that I've let myself get into.

I'm running Plesk 7.5 Reloaded, on a Redhat 7.3 box... I know, bad Helter.
I'd like to upgrade Plesk, and I'd like to upgrade my OS, but I'm in a bit of a bind as far as how to accomplish it. My first intent was to upgrade Plesk to a new version, then back it up, install a fresh os, and reinstall/reload plesk.
Then I found that you had discontinued support for RH7.3.
So my question is, what is the best upgrade path to get from RH7.3 with Plesk 7.5 reloaded, to say, CentOS5, with Plesk 8.4.
Should I backup Plesk, Install 7.5 on my CentOS install, then upgrade plesk? Is there a way to go directly from a 7.5 backup to an 8.4 install?

Can you get a second server? Id set up a C5 plesk box and then use the migration manager to copy the data from the old system in parallel.

Can you get a second server? Id set up a C5 plesk box and then use the migration manager to copy the data from the old system in parallel.

I absolutely can. Will the migration manager copy across different versions? Or will I still need to go 7.5 to 7.5 then upgrade? Is the migration manager stable/reliable?

Just looked it up. Thanks for the tip! this is going to save me *tons* of time.

Back