1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

BEWARE !! 7.5.3 Restore doesn't work !!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by feken, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. feken

    feken Guest

    0
     
    I'm trying for 3 days now to restore a 7.5.3 backup to in cleanly installed server with no success.

    It just won't work !! keeps failing with "domainmng failed blah blah blah...."

    Rebuild a new server with 7.5.1 and backup and restore works without any problems...

    Has anyone tried to restore a 7.5.3 backup ? Please let me know if you did... I guess it's serious bug..

    Flores
     
  2. feken

    feken Guest

    0
     
    The exact message is:

    Error in exexute "domainmng' --add-domain "--domai-name=beun.com'"

    Run-time error: Error in exexute "domainmng' --add-domain "--domai-name=beun.com'" failed: Unexpected error.

    Abort Restoring ?
     
  3. feken

    feken Guest

    0
     
    Btw craeting a domain in the controlpanel works without a problem.
     
  4. swarm

    swarm Guest

    0
     
    Possibly you have corrupted info for beun.com in Plesk. May be you successfully restore backup if completely delete exist beun.com ?
    Also you can try restore not full backup but partly by clients or by domain. It can help restore something. :)
     
  5. botsman

    botsman Guest

    0
     
    I have no any problem with restoration on my 7.5.3. Probably you have to delete this domain from plesk and then do restoration.
     
  6. feken

    feken Guest

    0
     
    Believe me.. I've tried everything..

    I'm restoring to a new cleanly installed server, so that cannot be the problem (full install)

    I've made a second and a third(left some domains out) backup, to rule out that i'm working with a corrupt backup.

    Tried restoring per domain, client, with and without settings, and every thinkable combination.. It doesn't work !!

    I'm sure it's a 7.5.3 bug because i've used to create a full backup weekly and restore it to a standby server. Since I've upgraded to 7.5.3 (previously 7.5.1) this stoped working.
     
  7. flyby

    flyby Guest

    0
     
    I have no any problem with restoration on my 7.5.3.
    You must have a curropt file.
     
  8. feken

    feken Guest

    0
     
    Solved it !!!

    Turns out it is definitly a bug..
    I was restoring from a network location (\\server\c$\backup\....)

    All seems ok when selecting domains or clients but backup fails a discribed above.
    Copying the file to a local disk solves the problem.
     
Loading...