• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BEWARE !! 7.5.3 Restore doesn't work !!

F

feken

I'm trying for 3 days now to restore a 7.5.3 backup to in cleanly installed server with no success.

It just won't work !! keeps failing with "domainmng failed blah blah blah...."

Rebuild a new server with 7.5.1 and backup and restore works without any problems...

Has anyone tried to restore a 7.5.3 backup ? Please let me know if you did... I guess it's serious bug..

Flores

The exact message is:

Error in exexute "domainmng' --add-domain "--domai-name=beun.com'"

Run-time error: Error in exexute "domainmng' --add-domain "--domai-name=beun.com'" failed: Unexpected error.

Abort Restoring ?

Btw craeting a domain in the controlpanel works without a problem.

Originally posted by feken
Btw craeting a domain in the controlpanel works without a problem.

Possibly you have corrupted info for beun.com in Plesk. May be you successfully restore backup if completely delete exist beun.com ?
Also you can try restore not full backup but partly by clients or by domain. It can help restore something. :)

I have no any problem with restoration on my 7.5.3. Probably you have to delete this domain from plesk and then do restoration.

Believe me.. I've tried everything..

I'm restoring to a new cleanly installed server, so that cannot be the problem (full install)

I've made a second and a third(left some domains out) backup, to rule out that i'm working with a corrupt backup.

Tried restoring per domain, client, with and without settings, and every thinkable combination.. It doesn't work !!

I'm sure it's a 7.5.3 bug because i've used to create a full backup weekly and restore it to a standby server. Since I've upgraded to 7.5.3 (previously 7.5.1) this stoped working.

I have no any problem with restoration on my 7.5.3.
You must have a curropt file.

Solved it !!!

Turns out it is definitly a bug..
I was restoring from a network location (\\server\c$\backup\....)

All seems ok when selecting domains or clients but backup fails a discribed above.
Copying the file to a local disk solves the problem.

Back