• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue bind9 - Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file

SeBoOne

New Pleskian
I have a problem with the DNS Server and i tried everything i could find in the past 2 days.
My Problem is that after a while (sometimes a day sometimes a few hours) the bind9/named-service starts putting following lines in the syslog file.

Code:
Feb  4 09:26:01 server named[954675]: Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file

Feb  4 09:26:02 server named[954675]: message repeated 37813 times: [ Accepting TCP connection failed: invalid file]

the same goes for the "service named status" or "journalctl -xeu named.service" command. I just cant find out what that means ... WHICH FILE ... i tried every possible form of "googleing" it i even tried to ask ChatGPT4 but nothing the answer is always something like the named.service file has wrong config or the bind/named.conf is not correct but i tried all those things and cant get behind it.

I mean i could just let it restart the service everytime it detects this kind of respond in the log files but that not a real solution.
I wanted to remove bind9 and reinstall it but couldnt find any helpfull info if and what i have to do before and after doing that so i didnt yet.

The problems started after i installed and removed VSCode and vscode-cli after that for the vscode-remote-tunnel which didnt solve my problem that i had with that.

Back