• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BIND9 PID Missing

LloydD

Basic Pleskian
Hi guys,
I hope some one can help, I'm running Plesk 9.5.3 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS I recently added a version string (help with PCI compliance) to a named.conf file (It was a setting that I had used before webfusion reinstalled Plesk) but on starting BIND9 now i get this error.. see attachment

I have downloaded and looked through all the named.conf files in /etc/bind/ and /etc/named.conf and can only find one mention of recursion and that is allow localnets (it needs to be recursion no; eventually) in /etc/named.conf. So I don't know why its saying that.

And it's right about the PID file - it's not in it's directory.
So my question is - what can I do about this? Or is this because of the reinstall of Plesk, and I need to get webfusion to sort it. Bearing in mind webfusion will help sometimes and others will just say "your vps is sold without support, you will have to sort it" If I had known this I wouldn't have gone with them.

Anyway I hope someone knows what on earth might have happened, coz I have no idea (linux noob)
Thanks in advance for any help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Attachments

• BIND_pid_error.png
    BIND_pid_error.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 8
if the "1407" is the PID? can i just put that number in a file called named.pid?
Thanks once again for the help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Care to elaborate on the fix? I am having a similar issue. Bind runs fine for me, but no PID file makes watchdog fail.

This resolved itself after a BIND update :D lol
Though on a different system there was an issue with apparmor and BIND, resolved by removing apparmor. If I remember corretly.

Ah, I wonder if I just responded to that thread. No need to remove AppArmor, just update the named profile to include "/var/named/run-root/** rw,"

AppArmor was preventing my PID from being created and had monit (watchdog) complaining; was my issue. Cheers,

Back