• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Bind9 works on debian 10 server and shows as not installed in plesk. And issue with Postfix/Dovecot

umara

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48
Hey!

Recently I have updated my server from Debian 9 to 10. During installation process also Plesk Obsidian was udpated to the latest one: 18.0.48 .
After installation I faced several issues with MariaDB, mail, dns and more. Most of them I've already fixed however 2 are still remaining:

1. Bind9 is working on the server and all websites works like a charm, however Plesk panel is not able to see it. I thought it migght be related to permission to named-chroot/run folder however all is good and bind:bind is in place with correct permission, also key is in place. I have tried to do "plesk repair dns -y" however it did not fix the issue. Also from panel I checked in troubleshooting for issues - nothing was found.
    For me it is not big issue, however due to that I cannot configure DNS zones directly in PLESK panel.
    Might be it is related to this what I found in logs for bind?:
    Code:
    "bind9.service:1: .include directives are deprecated, and support for them will be removed in a future version of systemd. Please use drop-in files instead."

1. Mail service - when Qmail and Courier are installed - everything is working fine. However I would like to use Postfix and Dovecot as clients would be able to use their own SSL to secure mail service. Now they can only do that for webmail.
    And now - when I go to the Plesk installer (it does not matter is it web based or directly for server) - it is showing there are components available for update. When checked that - there is only 1 component on the update list - Dovecot. However it is not even installed (magic).
    So - I marked postfix and dovecot for installation, this removed automaticaly Qmail and Courier. But - after installation was completed, just in case I have logged out from plesk panel and log back in again. Mail setting section disappeared.
    When checked systemctl status postfix -> is running with no issues.
    When checked are mails delivered - they was not.
    Tried to follow this: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000370425-The-Mail-option-is-missing-in-Plesk
    -
    Code:
    plesk bin mail -i
    -> it showed I should add parameter for "i", that's mean for me that mail service is installed (postfix is running, so yeah, logical)
    - tried to do
    Code:
    plesk repair --mail -n
    -> no issues found

So I removed Dovecot and Postfix and installed back Qmail and Courier. At least mail service is working however it is not satisfactionary for me. What is more -> even when qmail and courier are installed and dovecot is removed, this last one is still asking for update XD

Issue with bind I have repaired - just listed installed packages and found "plesk-dns-bind-driver" was not installed. Logged in via ssh, did apt install plesk-dns-bind-driver, and now can edit dns in plesk panel.

However I still do not know how to solve 2nd issue with postfix and dovecot.

Problem solved. I have uninstalled everything related to mail using apt -> installed only postfix and dovecot -> reconfigured domains and mailboxes -> works fine now.

Sorry for bothering. Topic can be closed

Back