• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Browser give wrong SSL Certificate (On subdomain with dedicated IP)

Lrnt

Basic Pleskian
Hi all !

I encounter an issue with SSL Certificate.
I have a server (Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS‬, Plesk Onyx 17.5.3) with several domains and subdomains.
Each one has a dedicated IP address and SSL Certificate.
SSL are associated in Home>Tools>Address IP

Everything works fine except for one subdomain.
When I reach this https://sub.domain.com on any browser, I have got a invalid certificat (Delivered by Plesk, to Plesk).

I tried a complete new creation of the subscription, SSL generation, dedicated IP configuration as usual but no result, still got the problem.

I also tried a "plesk repair web" but still got the problem.
Apache restart, stop/start doesn't change nothing.

I really need expert advice on this.

I hope you will help me or give me some advice.
Thanks in advance.

Lrnt

Have you checked that the DNS configuration of sub.domain.com is correct and that it is pointing to the correct IP address?

Thank you for the reply!
Yes the DNS is correct, pointing to the correct IP.

I checked the cert file in /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d/server.conf
I also checked the content of the cert file and the content is the good one (crt, private key etc...) specified in plesk.

Any suggestion?

What SSL certificates are listed in the "SSL certificate" icon of the subdomain configuration? Does this show the correct certificate? In some cases we have observed wrong entries after restores, e.g. duplicate certificate entries.

I only have "default certificate" listed and "none" selected" because the certificate is attached to the dedicacted IP address.

Capture.PNG on_address_ip.jpg

I specify the SSL cert to use in "Tools > IP Address"

on_address_ip.jpg

For the record, I have other subdomains with dedicated IP address and SSL cert and it is working (Same configuration).

You must create the certificate in and for the sub domain. If "none" is selected or another certificate, the domain will not use the proper certificate.

Thank you.
I never had to specify anything in the subdomain configuration. Only in tools > ip address,
The other (working) subdomain have "none" in there subdomain configuration because of dedicated IP address

I will try this (Defined cert in Address IP and in subdomain configuration) and keep you informed.

In fact, I can not generate another certificate in subdomain configuration.
It will give me another CSR and what about the one generated in Tools > Address IP ?

I finally tried this : putting private key, crt and crt-ca in subdomain configuration.
Then selected the correct SSL but still have a cert from Plesk, by Plesk in Browser

I am currently double checking IP Address.
I'll keep you inform, thanks for the help.

Back