• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

T

Topspeed

Hi
I'm running Plesk 8.2 on debian 4.0 and i got some problems with mailinglists and mailgroups. There is no problem to create mailinglists and mailgroups in plesk, but no mails we're directed to users in lists and groups.
When i'd like to see configuration of a mailinglist, then i get this errormesage:
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.

I've read in an other thread about the problem of wrong owners of qmail-files and i changed owner from 0:0 to popuser:popuser for those .qmail-files in /var/qmail/mailnames/a_domain/, but without success.

Does someone got an idea how to get rid of this problem?
Thanks for any tips and hints!

hi

this is common error that is displayed for _any_error_ and you need to do exactly as error says: look into log file to see error details.. send a message to list and watch what error appears.. i don't know when mailman keeps logs on debian, on redhat systems it is /var/log/mailman

Try to gather the mailing list configuration by means of mailman utilities /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists, /usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members.
Just in case run /usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms.

Also try to get the list configuration using Plesk cli /usr/local/psa/bin/maillist.

In case the error is caused by Plesk, take a look into Plesk apache error log file for details /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log.

./anb

Back