• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Buggy DATE_PAST_20XX SpamAssassin Rule

T

Trent Moore

Despite all of our attempts to eliminate the "FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future." rule in SpamAssassin, the problem still exists. In our "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\SpamAssassin\rules" folder we have tried to remove or comment out :
##{ FH_DATE_PAST_20XX
header FH_DATE_PAST_20XX Date =~ /20[1-9][0-9]/ [if-unset: 2006]
describe FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future.
##} FH_DATE_PAST_20XX
from the 72_active.cf file.

We have also tried to set the score to zero:
score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0
in the c0_active.cf file.

Neither of these changes have affected it at all despite rebooting the server, restarting Plesk, restarting the mail services, or turning SpamAssassin off and back on again in the Plesk control panel.

Another odd behavior is the score it assigns. In some cases the score is 3.4, yet in others, the score is 2.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks IgorG!
Well, I downloaded the CmdManageSA3.zip file and unzipped it to get the CmdManageSA3.pm file. I did a search on what to do with it and found to replace your existing file with the new one in locations like:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/CmdManageSA3.pm.

We're running and Windows 2003 server with Plesk 8.6 and Spammassasin is part of the Plesk installation. What I've found so far from searching online is none of the information read is applicable to our Windows/Plesk setup.

I cannot find the CmdManageSA3.pm file on the server, but I will continue to run scans to see if I can locate it.

Try to add the following line

score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0

to local.cf file in %plesk_dir%Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin folder on your server. Then kill the process perl.exe to restart it and reload the file.

I've tried adding this to the "local.cf" file, but I cannot find an obvious place to insert it. Is there a particular place in the file that "score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0" should be placed?

THANK YOU IgorG!
The buggy 2010 rule is now fixed. I added "score FH_DATE_PAST_20XX 0.0" to the end of the local.cf file located here:
%plesk_dir%Additional\Perl\site\etc\mail\spamassassin
Then, I killed the perl.exe process on the server. The process immediately restarted and the buggy rule no longer appears.

Back