• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Caddy web server new feature

Do you think caddy web server is a good solution for plesk?

• Total voters

Adam Makowski

Basic Pleskian
Hi everyone!
There is a very good web server that is constantly developing very fast and is very modern.
Caddy web server It is written in Go, is very efficient and makes good use of the resources of the server it is running on.

A new amazing version number 2.6 has just been release.

A few advantages that I consider very important, modern and friendly.
1. Default auto ssl
2. Http3/quic
3. Early Hints 103
4. Php FASTCGI proxy module
5. Easy load balancing and proxy mode
6. Server files and templates
7. API json
8. Modules
9. Written in go
10. Very efficient, secure and stable
And many more...
You can read here about caddy web server - Caddy 2 - The Ultimate Server with Automatic HTTPS

I think it's a perfect solution for plesk, plesk team can replace apache and ngnix or add additionally this server and start using a modern server with a bright future.

What do you think about this idea? Can the Plesk team take a position on this topic?

Kindly regards

It certainly looks interesting. But at the same time I would not consider it matured just yet. As it's only been around for a few years. I feel it might be too early for adoption by Plesk. I am also not sure if there would much demand. But who knows, it might becomes much more mainstream in the next couple of years.

Back