• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Unable to generate the web server configuration file for a new domain

DaiKen

New Pleskian
Adding a new domain to my Plesk controlled VPS causes this error, resulting in failing to restart Apache too.

Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <h2824232.stratoserver.net> because of the following errors:

Template_Exception: AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/usr/share/roundcubemail/public_html/] does not exist
AH00543: apache2: bad user name roundcube_sysuser

file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/Template/Writer/Webserver/Abstract.php
line: 75
code: 0

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again.

I can't find any reason why Plesk is trying to create a public_html on a very strange DocumentRoot ([/usr/share/roundcubemail/ instead of /var/www/vhosts/) and what on God's green earth roundcube_sysuser is doing here..
Furthermore: the template mentioned can't be cat'ed, let alone resolved ...

Please HELP!

There could be a conflict between a manually non-Plesk Roundcube and the Plesk Roundcube, because the path mentioned would normally be /usr/share/psa-roundcube, not /usr/share/roundcubemail. It is thinkable, too, that a user has been manually renamed. You can check with
grep roundcube /etc/passwd
it should yield
Code:
roundcube_sysuser:x:<user id>:<group id>:roundcube webmail user:/usr/share/psa-roundcube:/usr/sbin/nologin

Either way, you know your server best and what was done before on it. Maybe you can consider to remove Plesk Roundcube using Plesk Installer first, then check if any Roundcube installations remain on the server including the user account "roundcube_sysuser" in /etc/passwd. After deinstallation there should be no Roundcube left. If there is, you'll need to remove the "other" Roundcube that is obviously present on the server. Then reinstall Roundcube through Plesk installer.

Thanks for your prompt reply!
You put me on the right track: grep roundcube /etc/passwd gave an empty answer, googling 'roundcube dovecot' pointed me in the right direction: Plesk Premium Email, powered by Kolab, which I had activated a while ago. That was the culprit. After deinstall, no more problems!

Back