• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Can anyone tell me what this warning means?

David Jimenez

Basic Pleskian
My server log shows the following warning anytime someone selects index.shtml (home page).

mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set, INCLUDES filter removed

I have tried adding a .htaccess file (Options + Includes) and also running without the .htaccess file, but it makes no difference. I do have .htaccess in various subdirectories that do not contain index.html files so that the directory listing shows up and that works. The only warning is when someone goes to our home page.

Any thoughts?

Hi David Jimenez,

mod_include: Options +Includes (or IncludesNoExec) wasn't set
=> not correctly configured for your needs!

Pls. add this example code in your "Additional directives for HTTP" "...HTTPS" textboxes at => HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Apache and nginx Settings > (textbox) Additional directives for HTTP AND Additional directives for HTTPS
Code:
<Directory /var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/httpdocs>
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
    Options +Includes
</Directory>
( Pls. change the example "YOUR-DOMAIN.COM" to your correct FQDN )

Consider to post your apache configuration files ( incl. possible files like "vhost.conf" AND "vhost_ssl.conf" ), located at "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/conf", if you experience further issues, pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back