• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Can I stop Plesk creating tickets to Cloudlinux

Robert Alexander

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.60 Update #1
Hi
For a while now I've been trying to stop Wordpress Toolkit from creating Tickets with Cloud Linus.
I'm a licenced user of Imunify360 and for some reason I get tickets auto created which about plugin updates and security issues with WP.
Here's an example:
Reflected Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability
Reflected Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability discovered by Dimas Maulana (Patchstack Alliance) in WordPress Plugin GiveWP (versions <= 3.12.0)
Although they are helpful to me, I don't want it to create these tickets all the time.

I can't find out how to stop this happening? Does anyone know how to stop this creating the tickets please?

Thanks

Do you mean notifications? You can disable any type of notifications via Tools & Settings > Notifications.

Thanks. This is the only one I've got set and it's under the Administrator Column. Reseller and Customers have nothing.
WordPress site vulnerabilities found (administrator's digest)

It's the Ticket Creation that's a major issue. Cloudlinux must have had about 50+ tickets over the last 3 months.
I don't want that happening or they'll mis interpret me and my company wrongly.

I did have a couple of WP notifications flagged in Customer though. I thought I'd done them all.
Maybe it will stop the emails and the tickets. I'll keep an eye on it.

@Robert Alexander I'll reply here to you post from another thread as otherwise different topics get mixed up.

I've checked my server and it says I'm on WP Toolkit version: 6.4.0-8486
Why I've been looking at this, is that Cloud Linux who support me on Imunify360, suggest that WP Toolkit may be sending out emails to their support email address. Why this is a problem itself, is that it's creating tickets with them, via my account when there are Lets Encrypt Messages or Plugin Security Messages.
This results in quite a lot of unnecessary Tickets and I'm trying to find out what's causing it.
My Plesk Notification Settings are off and the only setting in WP Toolkit that is in force is "Allow Customers to use Sets when they install Wordpress"

I've run out of ideas at the moment?
Any email notifications regarding WP Toolkit can be configured via Tools & Settings > Notifications. You can search in the mail log if such messages are sent via your server to CloudLinux support. You can find the mail log via Tools & Settings > Log Browser > Mail.

Can you post the body of one such email (removing any private information)?

Thanks Kaspar. I've never been into there before. Log Browser. Looks like there's stuff going on that could reveal some issues.
I can't find a way of exporting a report, but thought I'd share a couple of images that might help.
This one comes up regularly.
1718642819134.png
This one also comes up, but I've recently found there were 2 DNS Records for domain.uk and removed them and created one, so they may not come up any more. It's just been a couple of days for now.
1718643039049.png
So the reason why Tickets would be sent from plesk to Cloudlinux Support, is what's baffling me. I want to stop that and now seeing these logs, I could perhaps fix some of the thing. Or know where to go to.
My Plesk Notifications are at a minimum so I don't believe there's anything else I can do there to be honest.

Happy to be told otherwise of course. :)

@Robert Alexander those are screenshot from the Plesk log and don't reveal much that could help you to stop getting mails sent to CloudLinux support.

My assumption, because it's hard to know for sure without knowing your exact server configuration, is that somewhere on your server the CloudLinux support email address has been added as a recipient for email notifications. I assume unintentionally. This could have been done at several different locations.

What would help to know is:
a) What exact emails are sent CloudLinux support? I assume you're have access to those support tickets? What is the subject and content of those tickets? Knowing this would make it a whole lot easier to determine where to look on the server for these notifications.
b) Who (which email address) is the sender that creates tickets with CloudLinux support?

Back