• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can not connect to MYSQL (8306) with 8.1

S

simpleicon

I have 2 servers one has Plesk 8.1 and the other Plesk 7.5.

On Plesk 7.5, this command works:
"mysql.exe -u admin -p -P 8306"
In other words, i can connect to the Plesk control database tables (use psa;)

On Pleask 8.1 I can't even connect.
"ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)"
What changed?

-=

I have automated mailbox creation for my clients and 8.1 wont allow me to connect to the mySQL server to get the ID of the domains. (SELECT id,name FROM domains;) In fact, it wont even connect. Im stumped. PLEASE help me.

Thanks in advance.
Brad

Update

I went to services in Admin Tools and Enabled and started "Plesk SQL Server". Thought this would work instead, I get a new error message:
"ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

At least im getting somewhere. I'll keep the thread updated with my progress.

update

I lied, I have 3 servers.

Server3: plesk version 8.1
the password for the mySQL server turned out to be the default password for plesk even though my password for plesk is not the default password. (read that again if you didnt understand it.)

Server2: plesk version 7.5
The password for the mySQL server is the password for plesk... like it should be.

Server1: Plesk version 8.1
The password for the mySQL server is *NOT* the same as plesk nor is it the default password. I still do not know this password.

What do I do about Server1?

OK, after much research, I discovered that Pleask 8.1 is a different animal. It does *NOT* have a psa database so im back at square one. ...

The default password for plesk is "setup" with username "admin"
once you gain access to mysql use this to change your password:
set password = password("yournewpassword");

Back