• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Can not create subdomains in the subscriptions in which there is only 1 single domain that is configured as “No hosting”.

pablorgz

New Pleskian
I can not create subdomains in the subscriptions in which there is only 1 single domain that is configured as “No hosting”. Why? How do I solve it?

I want to use Plesk only as DNS server for my domain “example.com”, since the website is hosted by shopify, so in Plesk I have to configure the domain as “No hosting”, and the DNS records point to shopify. So far so good.

Now I want to create a subdomain “example.example.com” and host some web documents, but it does not let me create a subdomain of a domain that is “No hosting” regardless of whether the subdomain “example.example.com” is also “No hosting” or “website”. The web space can only be created by a domain and not by a subdomain. I don't understand the meaning of this. How can I solve it?

Attachments

• 21.48.11 - 01.jpg
    21.48.11 - 01.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 21.49.07 - 02.jpg
    21.49.07 - 02.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 6
With not hosting you cant create subdoains in that domain, as say Dave, you need add it as domain.

But, if you have plesk admin ( 10 domains ) and you need more than 10 subdomains, is better add main domain as suscripción and then create there the subdomains.

--

Vamos que al no tener hosting no se puede alojar nada bajo ese dominio, solo se puede usar como DNS, pero si vas a usar más subdominios que lo que permite la licencia de plesk es mas viable añadir el dominio principal como hosting y así evitar problemas con la licencia si se tiene una web admin de 10 dominios a largo plazo es mejor si vas a tener muchos subdominios de pruebas y demás, esto tampoco va impedir apuntar el dominio principal a otro servidor.

I think these are non-definitive solutions.

In most hosting providers (such as IONOS) it works like this:
1 - You buy the subscription (in Plesk it is equivalent to a subscription). For example: with hosting 20GB web space. Another example: without hosting web space (only domains and DNS server)
2 - Domain purchases (in Plesk it is equivalent to adding a domain). You can link it to a hosting web space (if the subscription has hosting), or you can have it as only redirection, or as only email (without using hosting). But you can always add subdomains and they have the same options (link to hosting, without hosting, redirect)

I think that the hosting/webspace has to be associated with the Plesk subscription (not the domain), that is, every time a subscription is created, whether it has hosting or not.

And then, each domain that is added to this subscription, which can be linked to hosting, or only redirection, or without hosting. And subdomains can be created independently of the main domain.

Back