• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Can not migrate large client

M

marat_n

Hello,

Our customer bought a new more powerful server and wanted to make a migration.
The old server is Windows Standard 2003 R2 SP2 with Plesk 8.2
The new server is Windows Web Server 2008 R2 x64 with Plesk 9.5

There are 71 domains. Some of domains are very large in size.
Migration of all domains at the same time failed whatever I tried - after selecting domains Migration manager keeps loading the page showing "Please wait. Loading...". If try to open the Home page of Plesk it opens very slowly. The solution was to reboot the server and start the migration again.
Then I decided to migrate clients one by one. It was successfull for about 40% of them. There were small clients with small sites.
But when I tried to migrate a big client (psaDump.zip file size on the source server was about 9,5 GB) I also got the problem when Plesk kept showing the migration progress indicator staying at 0% forever. I checked the PMM logs and found the following strings at the end of the log:

836: Debug 13/07/2010 22:46:48.065 : PsaMigrMng90::ConnectToAgent successfully finished
836: Debug 13/07/2010 22:46:48.065 : Begin prepare Dump

I had to STOP the migration task.

The process of copying the dump wasn't even started from the source to the destination server. Usually 2 folders are created in temp directory on the destination server: NativeDump and PleskDump. NativeDump has a source server dump and PleskDump has converted (to Plesk 9.5 format) dump. When trying to migrate a large client there were no such folders in temporary directory.

Could it be that the problem is in large size of ZIP archive?

Also I have a problem removing Completed migration tasks from Migration manager page. While trying to remove the completed task I got the following error:
Error: Object not found: Migration from host
(see attached screenshot)

Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20100714#008.gif
    20100714#008.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I can suggest you try to use backup/restore migration method for big domains - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-migration-guide/63282.htm

hello Igor,

I tried using Backup/Convert/Restore method. It usually completed without any errors in CLI:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>pre9-backup-convert.exe --source=z:\BACKUPS\plesk\benlatten.psa --destination="c:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Backup\"
Unexpected name of pinfo: news_dismissed
Created dump:
converted_info_1007150846.xml

But then when I try to using the backup using Plesk GUI I see the following status of the backup:
This file is not a valid backup file.
See the attached screenshot

I can also send you a restoration log

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20100715#001.gif
    20100715#001.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
Back