• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Please Migrator critical error

L. Hagen

Basic Pleskian
Today I planned to migrate some sites to my new server (as already done in the past) with Plesk Migration.

The source system is an Ubuntu 16, Plesk Obsidian
The destination system is an Ubuntu 20, Plesk Obsidian

But I received the following error code:Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Failed to execute SQL query on Plesk database: failed to parse JSON returned by SQL script.
Query:
SELECT Subscriptions.id as subscription_id, clients.id, login, pname
FROM clients
LEFT JOIN Subscriptions ON
Subscriptions.object_id = clients.id
AND Subscriptions.object_type = 'client'
WHERE clients.type = 'reseller'
Command's stderr: [14783]: 2021-11-08 14:28:09.433 DEBUG New connection: mysql DBI connection. db psa, user admin, host localhost
[14783]: 2021-11-08 14:28:09.434 TRACE SQL:
FROM clients
: Params:

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.
I'm logged in as "root". So I tried to find out something with
The MySQL select statement returns no errors, just
Empty set (0.00 sec)
as expected, because I don't have any resellers.
Furthermore I started a diagnostic with
plesk repair all -n
but there are also no problems.

I'm not a real admin and I'm just using Plesk to host and manage my Webprojects.
Please can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong or better: how I can fix this issue to start my migration?

Thx and best regards,
Lars

I am not perfectly sure, but it could be a problem that Ubuntu 16 is not supported any more for some while. Is the old server still fully operational, e.g. can you create full backups on it? In that case I suggest to create a full backup and restore it to the new server.

In a Plesk migration, it is required to use the root system user when connecting to the source server.
Mentioned error messages indicate that Plesk migration was started with a non-root user.

In a Plesk migration, it is required to use the root system user when connecting to the source server.
Mentioned error messages indicate that Plesk migration was started with a non-root user.
But I'm logged in as root user...

I am not perfectly sure, but it could be a problem that Ubuntu 16 is not supported any more for some while. Is the old server still fully operational, e.g. can you create full backups on it? In that case I suggest to create a full backup and restore it to the new server.
That's what I'm try to prevent...
I meant that you should use root credentials for the source server when starting migration in Plesk Migration Manager.
Yes, that's what I did, too :-(

Is there any further help on this? I have the same issues, both logins from source and destination are root and it's been nothing but issues trying to migrate sites. This is a critical task that needs to work.

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Failed to execute SQL query on Plesk database: failed to parse JSON returned by SQL script.
Query:
FROM clients

Command's exit code: 255
Command's stdout:
Command's stderr: Died at AgentConfig.pm line 23.
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

@aarucanada The cause of this is that root login is not permitted on the source server (in sshd configuration: PermitRootLogin is set to "no").

Edit sshd_config on the source server:
# vi /etc/ssh/sshd_config

Set the PermitRootLogin and PasswordAuthentication settings to 'yes' and remove '#' at the beginning of each line as shown below:
PermitRootLogin yes
PasswordAuthentication yes

Save the changes, close the file and then restart SSHD:
# service sshd restart

I actually discovered the answer a different way, but totally appreciate the answer you provided and will use it next time.
When the server credentials were provided for the hardware they only give DEBIAN or UNIX users, so I actually ended up creating a named ROOT user and it worked.
Thank you for your quick reply!

Back