• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can you recommend a good port monitor for Plesk?

larryk

Regular Pleskian
I'm looking for something to monitor (notify me) when apache or nginx is not running correctly or performance gets slowed, or obviously if the service goes down.

apache port 7080
nginx port 80

what do you use or recommend?

thanks!

I'm looking for something to monitor (notify me) when apache or nginx is not running correctly or performance gets slowed, or obviously if the service goes down.

apache port 7080
nginx port 80

what do you use or recommend?

thanks!
Hi larryk,

I do not know any functionality within plesk to help you with this, if you can configure a script that alerts you if those services are in "stopped" status there are external web tools that can help you to know if your sites are down if it is the purpose what do you want to get.

thanks Garcue,
I would use any external tool/service, etc.
I'm assuming someone is using something AND knows that it works?
any recommendation would be appreciated
:)

hello again larryk, this tool Uptime Robot is easy to use and has a free version with which you can know if your server has fallen web services or not.

I suggest installing and configuring the Watchdog (system monitor) module. It will monitor system services and send you alerts or try and restart a down service. You can install it using the command

Code:
plesk sbin autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --install-component watchdog

Back