• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can you run IIS and Apache side by side on Windows 2022 Server Plesk?

JAYQUERY

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition 18.0.54
Hi,

Hopefully somebody could help me, I'm currently running Umbraco, NopCommerce and Wordpress sites successfully within Plesk on my Windows 2022 Server. I would also like to run a Magento site within Plesk, I understand it uses Apache web server which I have also have installed and running on a different port to IIS.

After downloading the latest git version of Magento within my httpdocs folder on the Plesk dashboard I get a 403 Forbidden access screen, and no options to configure Apache just IIS see below screenshots, can anybody point me in the rigth direction where I am going wrong, or is it even possible?

Many thanks

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 10.13.58.png

Screenshot 2023-08-05 at 10.14.14.png

Plesk does not utilizes the Apache web server in any way on Windows as it will only use what's native which would be IIS. Technically speaking Magento should run just fine in IIS without having to go through with using Apache (there's a lot of web applications out there that will list only Apache and NGINX but in reality would work in other web servers just fine such as.

If you want to stick to using Apache for Magento, then you would need to RDP to your windows server and install Application Request Routing (I am not sure if this is an option within Plesk itself thus why I said to do it over RDP) and configure ARR to route the traffic to the port being used by your Apache server.

Information for configuring ARR can be found at Setup IIS with URL Rewrite as a reverse proxy for real world apps

Back