• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot add a domain - DNS error

runes911

New Pleskian
I can no longer add a domain to my server. I get the following DNS error message when trying to add tomatospider.com:

Error: Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Unable to restore the DNS zone: an error occurred while adding the /24 IN PTR tomatospider.com. record: Incorrect DNS record values were specified.

I have tried repairing the plesk installation using the plesk reconfigurator, restarting the DNS service, restarting the server, and I have tried restoring the default dns settings. What am I missing?

What sort of following SQL query in Plesk database

mysql> select * from dns_recs where type='PTR' and val like '%tomatospider.com%';

?

C:\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>dbclient.exe --direct-sql --sql="select * from dns_
recs where type='PTR' and val like '%tomatospider.com%';"
id dns_zone_id type host displayHost val displayVal
opt time_stamp

Did I do that correctly?

Looks like you have incorrect PTR record in DNS zone but haven't it in database. Try to remove this record from zone.

I figured it out. It was a problem with my DNS template settings. I had to go in and change all instances of <ip> to the IP of the webserver.

Back