• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

"Cannot allocate memory" during update

DReffects

Basic Pleskian
hey folks,

i have a vps with 320MB ram and am trying to upgrade von 8.1.0 to 8.1.1.

running the update process under 'normal' configuration with all services activated and about 45% ram usage breaks down with a general 'perhaps there's something wrong with plesk' message even bevore i can select the packages i want to upgrade.

disabeling every possible service and leaving only psa, mysql and sshd on gives me a ram usage of 18% on the server. now i can select my packages and klick the 'yep really install stuff' button.

after minutes i get the following

- directly in plesk:
PHP:
Internal Plesk error occurred: AutoInstallerManager::install() 
failed: AutoInstallerManager::_autoInstallerCall() failed: 
autoinstaller failed: 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><autoinstaller status="install_error" error_message="executeCommand(): 
fork fails: Cannot allocate memory" />

and via ./autoupdate on shell:
PHP:
Download file opt/locales/psa-locale-de-DE-8.1-build81070325.19.noarch.rpm: 42%..76%..100% done.
Start packages installation
Install package psa-logrotate-3.7-suse10.0.build81070322.16.i586
ERROR: executeCommand(): fork fails: Cannot allocate memory
ERROR: Installation failed
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'error'
Aborted

any suggestions? :(

thanks!

Hello,

I believe the memory is not sufficient while doing the upgrade. 320 MB are not that much at all.

Disabling not necessary services (as you did) is wise - but I don't think there is more that could be done.

Isn't it possible to upgrade the product to get more RAM or ask you webhost to upgrade Plesk for you?

Originally posted by de_he
Hello,

I believe the memory is not sufficient while doing the upgrade. 320 MB are not that much at all.

Disabling not necessary services (as you did) is wise - but I don't think there is more that could be done.

Isn't it possible to upgrade the product to get more RAM or ask you webhost to upgrade Plesk for you?
well its a vserver powered by virtuozzo. and compared to other competitors here a quite large one. many offer entry vservers with only 120mb ram assigement. i do not have the possibility to upgrade the product in any way :(

Back