• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cannot install plesk-php56-dev on ubuntu

SpAcEDeViL

Basic Pleskian
i have a problem with plesk-php56-dev on ubuntu

Code:
apt-get install plesk-php56-dev
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Einige Pakete konnten nicht installiert werden. Das kann bedeuten, dass
Sie eine unmögliche Situation angefordert haben oder, wenn Sie die
Unstable-Distribution verwenden, dass einige erforderliche Pakete noch
nicht erstellt wurden oder Incoming noch nicht verlassen haben.
Die folgenden Informationen helfen Ihnen vielleicht, die Situation zu lösen:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
plesk-php56-dev : Hängt ab von: plesk-php56 (= 5.6.14-ubuntu14.04.15102115) aber 5.6.15-ubuntu14.04.15111715 soll installiert werden
E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

What can i do? I will install apcu for php5.6.

Best regards

Hi SpAcEDeViL,

on Ubuntu/Debian - based systems, it is often a very good idea to use "aptitude" instead of "apt-get", because it automatically offers several solution, when there are dependencies issues.

... but back to your issue:

Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten: plesk-php56-dev : Hängt ab von: plesk-php56 (= 5.6.14-ubuntu14.04.15102115) aber 5.6.15-ubuntu14.04.15111715 soll installiert werden
You can see, that the dependencies are not met and so apt-get refuses to install the desired package.

Unfortunately, there are sometimes mirror - issues and such issues may result to errors, where desired packages can't be found and dependencies can't be resolved automatically. In such cases, you can either wait ( untill the mirror - issues disappear and standard commands work as expected ), or you can go the other way and de-install all dependent packages, search for a mirror of "autoinstall.plesk.com" and download the packages from there and install these packages manually with "dpkg". I can recommend "ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/", which is a reliable mirror from germany.

Example to de-install and download packages for manual installations from a mirror:
Code:
apt-get purge plesk-php56
mkdir -p /root/plesk/manual_inst
cd /root/plesk/manual_inst
wget -r -nH --cut-dirs=2--no-parent --reject="index.html*" ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP_5.6.15/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/
You have now downloaded all directories and files from the mirror recursively to the folder "ftp://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/PHP_5.6.15/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/" and should have the complete folder "PHP_5.6.15" at "/root/plesk/manual_inst" for the operating system Ubuntu 14.04 ( x86_64 ).

To continue your manual installation, you would now use:
Code:
cd /root/plesk/manual_inst/PHP_5.6.15/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/packages
dpkg -i *.deb
cd /root/plesk/manual_inst/PHP_5.6.15/dist-deb-Ubuntu-14.04-x86_64/extra
dpkg -i *.deb

After a successfull installation of all packages, you can now delete all temporary subfolders, because you will not need them anymore!

If you experience issues or problems, please reply with errors from the command line, or include errors from log - files for further investigations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back