• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot Start Plesk

R

RobScott

Hi,

I cannot start Plesk after changing a couple of things today.

Essentially, I had been receiving warnings about disk space being short, so I removed some tmp files and log files. It was working BUT I had not restarted Plesk.

I later discovered that a number of access logs were looking iffy, so decided to tighten a few things up, the first being the Plesk firewall. The first alteration I made was to the Plesk Administrative Access rules, to which I added three IP addresses with which I could access Plesk. It was at this point that the Plesk admin ceased to be available.

I tried restarting Plesk via SSH, to no avail - Starting Plesk Failed.

So this could either be something to do with the new Firewall rules (which I am not that familiar with) OR it could be something to do with some key file I removed from the /tmp dir previously which had not come to light until the new change forced a reset (which didn't work) however, I have had key issues in the past which usually flag up when restarting Plesk.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Yep that got it - had a little trouble with installing the dependencies - for anyone struggling, the fix was to:

yum install openssl097a db4

This was to install libcrypto 64 bit and libssl 64 bit.

Hopefully today will be a less painful day than yesterday - I was seriously perplexed by this problem, and spent a good few hours trying to figure out what I did wrong. Turns out it wasn't me. First time for everything :)

Back