• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cannot start POP3D or IMAP Services

Rob Adams

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping you guys can point out where I am going wrong in trying to solve a problem.

Basically after restarting a Centos, Plesk12.0.18 server the POP and IMAP services will not start.

On the terminal running
service courier-pop3d restart
Stopping Courier POP3 server: [ OK ]
Starting Courier POP3 server: [ OK ]

Whilst it says the services are started Plesk does not back this up and the service is not contactable to access client mail accounts.

When I run

service courier-pop3d status
courierlogger dead but pid file exists

Running

ps aux | grep courierlogger
root 6921 0.0 0.0 4068 444 ? S 20:35 0:00 /usr/sbin/courierlogger -name=courier-authdaemon -pid=/var/run/courier-authdaemon.pid -lockfile=/var/lock/subsys/courier-authdaemon -start /usr/lib64/courier-authlib/authdaemond
root 7809 0.0 0.0 103308 832 pts/0 S+ 20:42 0:00 grep courier logger

I then renamed the lock file and pid file restarted the services. Still no luck.

Tried a full reboot, no luck.

Feel like I am missing something obvious. Any help much appreciated

Rob

Switched over to Dovecot, turned off TLS/SSL in a separate config and got the mail server running again. Mail delivery seriously slow but as that will be removed soon I am less concerned at this stage. Will update when I have more time

Hey Rob. Have you found a workaround ? I'm in similar situation since beginning of April. It was perfectly working until 1st or 2nd of April and it stopped suddently to work. Can't pinpoint what happened in between.

Back