• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot upgrade plesk 12.5 to Onyx with Percona Mysql

Juggle

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm unable to install Onyx on my dedicated server with Percona Mysql server installed. The plesk installer keeps quitting on error:

Code:
Fatal error during packages installation: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161028.14.x86_64']

YumRPMCheckError: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.0.17-cos7.build1700161028.14.x86_64']

Hi Juggle,

you should check your installed package versions:
Code:
rpm -q mariadb
... and make sure, that you meet the requirements.

Pls. note:

Software Requirements for Plesk Onyx ( Official Plesk Onyx document - release notes )

=> Supported Third-Party Components

Database servers and tools:
  • MySQL 5.1 - 5.7
  • MySQL community edition 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
  • PostgreSQL 8.4-9.5
  • MariaDB 5.5, 10.0, 10.1

Consider to UPGRADE to a supported database - server - version, to be able to upgrade to Plesk Onyx.

Hmm, not sure this is a solution. On the plesk pages it mentions Plesk offers support for the percona database as a drop in replacement. Why should I then remove the percona database and update to MariaDB?

Hello guys!

We run MariaDB on our Plesk Onyx however we think about migrating to Percona.

Reading this thread makes me curious if I will be able to set a fresh Onyx install on a server that runs latest Debian and latest Percona? Will the installation be able to update everything after?

Regards

Hello guys!

We run MariaDB on our Plesk Onyx however we think about migrating to Percona.

Reading this thread makes me curious if I will be able to set a fresh Onyx install on a server that runs latest Debian and latest Percona? Will the installation be able to update everything after?

Regards
According to this documentation https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/a...ux/services-management/database-server.72943/ you can use Percona as alternative database server for Plesk.

Back