• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Cannot upgrade Plesk 17.8.11 to Obsidian

Try remove this package with

# rpm -e --nodeps sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-centos6.17100418.x86_64

and run the update process again.

Try remove this package with

# rpm -e --nodeps sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-centos6.17100418.x86_64

and run the update process again.

I've tried it but when update again. this error message still showed up.

Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-2.centos.6+p18.0.20.0+t191016.1156.x86_64 requires /usr/bin/rrdcgi
sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-2.centos.6+p18.0.20.0+t191016.1156.x86_64 requires perl(RRDp)
sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-2.centos.6+p18.0.20.0+t191016.1156.x86_64 requires perl(RRDs)
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Visit Plesk Help Center to search for a solution.

requires /usr/bin/rrdcgi
Make sure that rrdtool package is installed on your server:

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/rrdcgi
rrdtool-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64

rrdtool-perl package also must be installed. Check it:

# rpm -qa | grep rrdtool-perl
rrdtool-perl-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64

Make sure that rrdtool package is installed on your server:

rrdtool-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64

rrdtool-perl package also must be installed. Check it:

rrdtool-perl-1.4.8-9.el7.x86_64

I tried and it returns like this.

error: file /usr/bin/rrdcgi: No such file or directory

# (return nothing)

Well. Now just install it:

# yum install rrdtool rrdtool-perl

Well. Now just install it:

i get this result.

Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, presto
Setting up Install Process
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: d2lzkl7pfhq30w.cloudfront.net
* rpmforge: kartolo.sby.datautama.net.id
PLESK_17_8_11-extras | 2.9 kB 00:00
No package rrdtool available.
No package rrdtool-perl available.
Error: Nothing to do

Looks like you have disabled OS repositories. Check it with command

# yum repolist | grep x86_64

you have to see following in output:

!base/7/x86_64 Base 10097
!extras/7/x86_64 Extras 304
!updates/7/x86_64 Updates 711

If not - enable system yum repositories and run rrdtool packages installation again.

Looks like you have disabled OS repositories. Check it with command

you have to see following in output:

!base/7/x86_64 Base 10097
!extras/7/x86_64 Extras 304
!updates/7/x86_64 Updates 711

If not - enable system yum repositories and run rrdtool packages installation again.

I got this.

epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 6 - x86_64 12577

how to enable system yum repositories and run rrdtool packages installation again ????

Actually, it is CentOS related question, not Plesk.
Try to google. Something like How do I install the stock CentOS repositories?

With your help, i can instnall rrdtool so the upgrade to Obsidian seem but work until i got this error message:

(79/80): sw-rrdtool-1.6.0.1-2.centos.6+p18.0.20.0+t19101 | 291 kB 00:00
(80/80): sw-tar-1.32-2.centos.6+p18.0.20.0+t191002.1523. | 406 kB 00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Fatal error during packages installation: [u'ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:', 'psa-proftpd = 1.3.6-11.el6.art is needed by (installed) psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.6-11.el6.art.x86_64', u'Please report this error at My View - CentOS Bug Tracker']
YumRPMCheckError: [u'ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:', 'psa-proftpd = 1.3.6-11.el6.art is needed by (installed) psa-proftpd-xinetd-1.3.6-11.el6.art.x86_64', u'Please report this error at My View - CentOS Bug Tracker']
Error: Failed to run the Yum utility.
The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.

I think it's almost. please help

The proftpd has been fixed as you suggest but the upgrade could went on further until this error showed up.

ERROR while trying to (to insert upgrade info into history table), the query was: INSERT INTO upgrade_history (upgrade_date, version_info, os, update_ticket, mu) VALUES (now(),
'18.0.21', 'CentOS 6.9', '', '0')

Check the error reason (see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.21_installation.log), fix and try again
***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to (to insert upgrade info into history table), the query was: INSERT INTO upgrade_history (upgrade_date, version_info, os, update_ticket, mu) VALUES (now(),
[2019-11-19 23:13:53.805] ERR [panel] DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.PanelNotificationTemplateSettings' doesn't exist, query was: DESCRIBE `PanelNotificationTemplateSettings`:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:60
Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(string 'DESCRIBE `PanelNotificationTemplateSettings`')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php:171
Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->describeTable(string 'PanelNotificationTemplateSettings', NULL null)
2: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php:836
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->_setupMetadata()
3: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php:875
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->_setupPrimaryKey()
4: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php:983
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->info()
5: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Select.php:100
Zend_Db_Table_Select->setTable(object of type Plesk\Db\Table\Broker\PanelNotificationTemplateSettings)
6: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Select.php:78
Zend_Db_Table_Select->__construct(object of type Plesk\Db\Table\Broker\PanelNotificationTemplateSettings)
7: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php:1019
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->select()
8: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/vendor/plesk/zf1/library/Zend/Db/Table/Abstract.php:1376
Zend_Db_Table_Abstract->fetchAll(string '`code` = 'panelUpdateError'', NULL null, NULL null)
9: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Table/Abstract.php:144
Db_Table_Abstract->findByField(string 'code', string 'panelUpdateError')
10: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Table/Abstract.php:156
Db_Table_Abstract->findOneByField(string 'code', string 'panelUpdateError')
11: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Db/Table/Broker/PanelNotificationTemplateSettings.php:13
Plesk\Db\Table\Broker\PanelNotificationTemplateSettings->findOneByCode(string 'panelUpdateError')
12: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PanelNotification/Settings/PleskTemplateSettingsRepository.php:26
Plesk\PanelNotification\Settings\PleskTemplateSettingsRepository->getSettings(string 'panelUpdateError')
13: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PanelNotification/Settings/TemplateSettingsRepository.php:33
Plesk\PanelNotification\Settings\TemplateSettingsRepository->getSettings(string 'panelUpdateError')
14: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PanelNotification/Filters/FiltersChecker.php:24
Plesk\PanelNotification\Filters\FiltersChecker->check(string 'panelUpdateError', object of type Plesk\PanelNotification\Templates\Template, object of type Client)
15: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PanelNotification/Manager.php:73
Plesk\PanelNotification\Manager->send(string 'panelUpdateError', object of type Client, array)
16: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Update/Notifier.php:152
Plesk\CommonPanel\Update\Notifier->sendError()
17: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Update/Notifier.php:81
Plesk\CommonPanel\Update\Notifier->notifyAboutUpdate(boolean false)
18: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/update-failure-notification.php:7
ERROR: Plesk\Exception\Database: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.PanelNotificationTemplateSettings' doesn't exist, query was: DESCRIBE `PanelNotificationTemplateSettings` (Mysql.php:60)
Error: An error occurred during performing of installation POST actions (see log for details).
Warning! Not all packages were installed.
Please check if your system services are operable.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.

Looks like database inconsistency. If command

# plesk repair db

won't help, ask the assistance of Plesk Support Team.

Looks like database inconsistency. If command

# plesk repair db

won't help, ask the assistance of Plesk Support Team.

Thanks so much after "# plesk repair" The installation can finish with few errors shown up but when i try to access the Plesk again. It's been change to Obsidian already. I'm not sure it's okay or not. Anyway I can re-check the installation is completed correctly. Any Diagnostic command to re-check ?

Anyhow thanks for helping.

Back