• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant access plesk panel

soniceffect

New Pleskian
Hi Guys,
Hoping someone can help me out here as Im running out of ideas.

Background:
I currently run a fair size forum which is running IPB and the new version recommends mysql 5.6. Therefore I decided to go ahead and get this installed. In the process I managed to mess up all my sites completely like a moron and at one point couldnt access anything running modcgi. Now I have fixed almost all of it

Problem:
Problem I have now is that I cannot access the plesk panel no matter what I try. Firstly I could not restart the service as it said that the database was missing, and therefore I have restored the PSA database from a backup. The service now restarts however looks slightly different to how I would usually see the restart:-

Stopping sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]
Starting sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]

However I cannot access the panel from the usual address. All I get is "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at husky-owners.com:8443" . Im at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

All my sites are online now with no problem, I just cannot access my panel at all. Any help would be massivly appreciated.

Some further information. Tried repair form bootstrapper to see if this would do anything to no avail. After this I went to restart the PSA service and saw the following

PSA is down, performing full restart.
Starting psa... Starting sw-engine-fpm: [ OK ]
done
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting sw-cp-server service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting named service... failed
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting spamassassin service... not installed
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... not installed
Starting psa... Starting sw-engine-fpm:
done

Not sure if it has something to do with "named" failing?

Also seeing the following on log file. Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

File does not exist: /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/autodiscover

Further update. On checking more ofthe logs it seems some php componants were not loaded when the server was restarted. Fixed these and restarted the server so can now get into the panel.

Final problem I am stuck on. If I go to Home>Tools & Settings>Database Servers . Select the database server I am interested in and that comes up. If I then click on the database tab I get the following:-

ERROR: PleskMainDBException: MySQL query failed:

Additionally, an exception has occurred while trying to report this error: PleskMainDBException
MySQL query failed: (db.php:102)

Have looked within the mysql logs and cant see any errors in there. Any suggestions?

Can anyone help with this last one? I'd struggling to administer stuff at the moment :(

EDIT:- What is now even more strange is that it only seems to be that listing within the main hosting panel. When trying to access mymphmadmin though the hosting panel for the individual customer accounts it works fine.

Also can get into phpmyadmin for all servers by clicking the icon at the side of the server name. So would seem the only thing I cannot do is access the database list page within the main hosting panel. Which is very strange as everything else appears to be working.

Last edited:
Back