• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't add a certificate to my website (SNI)

Aileron79

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I've got a root server running plesk 11.5.30 on CentOS 5.8. I've got two IP addresses and several customer pages. I've set up a new domain now which I want to use with a SSL certificate - but unfortunately, I cannot add the certificate to my page. The IP addresses are shared ones, thus I cannot set my domain/certificate to use a dedicated IP address. Thanks to SNI, this should not be a problem at all.

What I did so far:
- Obtained a new certificate (incl. priv key & chain)
- In Plesk => Tools & Setting => SSL certificates I uploaded the certificate, private key and chain
- In Plesk => Tools & Settings => IP addresses I configured one of the IP addresses as shared and assigned my certificate
- Opened the domain in the Control Panel, opened hosting settings and checked SSL support. However, here it says I have to configure the IP address as dedicated IP address before I can select a certificate.

According to Plesk documentation, SNI and certificates on shared IP addresses, respectively, should be available on Plesk 11.5 and CentOS 5.8. So what do I need to do here? There are about 15 customers using this IP address (none of them using SSL though). What happens to those when I set the IP address to dedicated? Does that only affect certificates? Or are all domains disabled which listen to this IP?

Any help is appreciated.

Back