• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cant add / open port after migration

JohnBoyWalton26

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44
I'm trying to open port 1167 for the backup server to connect to,

I have followed this https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rules-using-Plesk-Firewall-in-Plesk-for-Linux and added the port

When i go to Home > Extensions > Firewall it shows: Allow incoming from all on port 1167/tcp

SSH: "netstat -na |grep 1167" i get nothing returned

SSH: "Sudo lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN | grep 1167" i get nothing returned

Even if i turn off the firewall the port is still closed

When there is no service listening on the port, it is correct that the commands do not return a result. They only show active usages of a port.

The firewall on your server might not be the only firewall. Many data centers have a firewall in front of the server that only allows traffic for widely used ports like 80, 443, 21, 22. Maybe you need to configure that data center firewall in your data center's control panel to allow traffic to and from 1167?

I see a previous post thot you had put and i contacted them to ask this and they said

“This will be a configuration issue within the software or OS, We do not implement any firewalls and as a dedicated hosting provider allow all ports and traffic through our network”

Is there anything else you can think of, some error after the migration process thats causing the fault.

Are you running a service on port 1167 on your machine? If not, why would you need that port to be open?

In this case I think you are doing the wrong test and in addition to that, a server component is missing. Instead you need to test if a port is open from the outside. For example using Windows Telnet (or another similar program):

C:\>telnet <your hostname here> 1167

If this results in an empty output or an affirmative response of a server-side software, the port is open. If it results in a "connect failed" the port is indeed closed. Make sure that the system from where you do the test has port 1167 open, though, because else this test will also fail.

Further, if an external backup system tries to reach something on your server using port 1167, what is it trying to reach? There needs to be something running on that port like a "server" software (similar to a web server, mail server, database server etc.) that can respond to incoming requests. If the port is open and an external system tries to reach your server through port 1167 but there is no server-side software responding to requests that are coming in on port 1167, nothing will happen and to the external software it might appear as if that port was closed.

Still haven't fixed this yet and still is saying 1167 port is closed. i also noticed that even though port 587 is listed also it states closed when i check it, all other ports in the list state open when I enter them here:

Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router #port checking website

or

If i: SSH curl -i http://SERVER-IP:1167 it returns= curl: (7) Failed connect to SERVER-IP:1167; Connection refused

i have iptables inactive (dead) so it cant be that blocking the port.

What else could be controlling the ports? Any idea's to try would be greatly appreciated.

systemctl status iptables

iptables.service - IPv4 firewall with iptables
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/iptables.service; disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

firewall-cmd --list-all

plesk (active)
target: default
icmp-block-inversion: no
interfaces: em1
sources:
services:
ports: 22/tcp 21/tcp 25/tcp 53/tcp 53/udp 80/tcp 110/tcp 143/tcp 443/tcp 465/tcp 587/tcp 993/tcp 995/tcp 8443/tcp 8447/tcp 8880/tcp 49152-65535/tcp 1167/tcp
protocols:
masquerade: no
forward-ports:
source-ports:
icmp-blocks:
rich rules:

As said before, if there is no service running that responds on port 1167, you cannot get a response.

I just check the old server that i migrated from and it shows 1167 as an port open, is there a way to check is a service is running as setup the r1soft agent software on the new server where the port is saying closed.

the backup server says:

Communicating with Agent

Failed to properly communicate with Agent.

Resolving Internet AddressResolved hostname to: server ip
Connecting to AgentConnection refused

Peter Debik you're a legend!!!!

Yes, you were absolutely right it wasn't the port that was closed, it was the fact that the agent wasn't running on the server, i uninstalled and reinstalled the Agent.

Just incase someone else need to know how to do it:

To remove r1soft agent from the server:

1: sudo yum remove r1soft-getmodule serverbackup-agent serverbackup-async-agent-2-6 serverbackup-enterprise-agent serverbackup-setup
2: sudo rm -rf /usr/sbin/r1soft/
3: sudo rm -f /etc/yum.repos.d/r1soft.repo

Then log into the system via the backup portal and re-deploy the agent. (see image attached)

Attachments

• deploy-agent.jpg
    deploy-agent.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 8
Back