• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue can't apply config due to big number of associated websites

technique-web

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm trying to enable ipv6 for a website who have 350 associated websites. Plesk (18.0.38) takes several minutes to load then says something like this : "the task took too much time, please check the result later"
Is there a timeout I can increment so Plesk can terminate the task ?
1632394429747.png

That's not an error message, just a notification that the task is still running.
(Assuming you want the task to actually finish and not have it terminated.)

If you really need it, you can try to increase the timeout like this:
  1. Open /etc/sw-cp-server/config file and adjust timeout limits for FastCGI to the following:
    Code:
    fastcgi_read_timeout 1200
    fastcgi_send_timeout 1200
  2. Open /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini file and adjust timeout limits for PHP:
    Code:
    max_execution_time = 1200
  3. Restart sw-engine and sw-cp-server services:
    Code:
    # service sw-engine restart
    # service sw-cp-server restart
If the issue still persists increase timeout limits even greater.

Hi,
I'm trying to enable ipv6 for a website who have 350 associated websites. Plesk (18.0.38) takes several minutes to load ...
When you enable or disable something that affects all websites, Plesk will replace all existing webserver configuration files domain by domain with the new version, then remove the symbolic links in the /etc/nginx and /etc/httpd (/etc/apache2) directories and recreate these, too. This is not done in bulk, but one at a time from a batch file. For that reason, such general reconfigurations can take a very long time - depending on your cpu power, hard disk speed and other load of the server. If the GUI responds that the task is not finished yet and results should be checked later, the process is still ongoing. That is no problem. Simply wait. For 350 domains it can easily take 20 minutes or longer to process the reconfigurations. If you want to check them, look for anything with a "mng" string in a process name in the Linux process list. Normally you'll see the reconfiguration processes right there still working.

Back