• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Can't change default database server credentials

• Thread starter Deleted member 158324
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 158324

Hi!

Plesk can't connect to default database server al localhost. I have checked that the admin database user credentials are right. I can't connect as admin to the mysql database using mysql.exe in the console.

I have added another mysql server with IP 127.0.0.1 and Plesk has also accepted the admin user credentials and the server is now added as another database server.

Why can't Plesk connect to the same database server user localhost name instead of 127.0.0.1?

How can I fix it?

Yours faithfully,

In mysql database check allowed Host for admin user with:

mysql> select Host from user where User='admin';

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I can connect to the localhost mysql server. I have added the localhost mysql server to the Plesk database servers with IP 127.0.0.1. I have also tested the connection with the console:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\bin> ./mysql -u admin -h localhost -P 3306 -p
+-----------+
| Host |
+-----------+
| localhost |
+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Nevertheless, Plesk doesn't accept the same credentials for "localhost".

This is the sitiuation right now:

2 database servers in plesk panel:
- Server 1: localhost/3306 (default database server), admin/pwdadmin
- Server 2: 127.0.0.1/3306, admin/pwdadmin

The server 1 credentials don't work. Plesk says:

Error: Test connection error to database server cause the account haven't got admin permissions:
Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Server 2, which is the same as server 1 (localhost vs 127.0.0.1) works with same credentials.

I don't undestand it!

Yours faithfully,

In mysql database check allowed Host for admin user with:

Hello,

I think I have fixed this issue. I have connected to psa database:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MySQL51\bin> ./mysql -u admin -h localhost -P 8306 -p
mysql> use psa;
select * from databaseservers;

admin_login field was empty for localhost. I overwrited admin_login and admin_password for localhost server with values from 127.0.0.1 server:

mysql> update databaseservers set admin_login='admin', admin_password='****' where id=1;

Yours faithfully,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back