• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't clone WordPress site after migration

Harm Jakob Tolsma

New Pleskian
I've used the Plesk Migration Manager to transfer a WordPress site from one Plesk server to another.
Since I need the copy to do some testing, I need to change the domain for the site.
Normally (when working on only one server) I just clone the site. However cloning the newly transfered site results in an error:

"Copying Files
  • Task is not responding: id=1728, pid=30360, type=ext-wp-toolkit-backgroundtasksimplementation\cloning\cloningtask, currentStepProgress=-1, currentStepText=, initialTaskParameters=Array, isRestarted=1, referrer=/modules/wp-toolkit/index.php/index/list, runTaskUnderLogin=admin"
While I know that I can just copy the files and the database to the new site, I would expect the clone function to work.
What would be the way to find the problem and tackle the issue?

Source server is Plesk Onyx (Version 17.8.11 Update #53)
Target server is Plesk Obsidian (Version 18.0.26 )
Not sure if this is relevant, but perhaps worth noting.

Last edited:
I don't have an LVE Manager. Server runs on Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS

Code:
plesk db "select startTime,id,type,status,finishTime from longtasks where type LIKE 'ext-wp-toolkit%' order by startTime desc"
+---------------------+------+------------------------------------------------------------------+--------+---------------------+
| startTime           | id   | type                                                             | status | finishTime          |
+---------------------+------+------------------------------------------------------------------+--------+---------------------+
| 2020-04-17 08:20:18 | 1729 | ext-wp-toolkit-backgroundtasksimplementation\cloning\cloningtask | error  | 2020-04-17 08:20:20 |

Panel.log shows

Code:
[2020-04-17 07:54:47.755] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user '[USER]'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect

[2020-04-17 07:54:47.764] ERR [extension/wp-toolkit] Warning: mysqlcheck utility has detected some issues with the database of the source WordPress installation. You can find the details below. Continue the cloning if you think these issues will not affect the cloning procedure. Error message: mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user '[USER]'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
[2020-04-17 08:20:19.681] ERR [panel] ERROR: escapeshellarg(): Input string contains NULL bytes (functions.php:1150)
[2020-04-17 08:20:20.783] ERR [panel] Task is not responding: id=1729, pid=447, type=ext-wp-toolkit-backgroundtasksimplementation\cloning\cloningtask
[2020-04-17 08:20:20.783] ERR [panel] Task is not responding: id=1729, pid=447, type=ext-wp-toolkit-backgroundtasksimplementation\cloning\cloningtask, currentStepProgress=-1, currentStepText=, initialTaskParameters=Array, isRestarted=1, referrer=/modules/wp-toolkit/index.php/index/list, runTaskUnderLogin=admin

Back