• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Can't connect to FTP with any account but root

Ceriana

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 Update #2
Hello everyone,

I just added multiple FTP accounts in via the FTP accounts formular on the domain page.
Turns out: I can't connect with any of them, just with the root account. The error message always looks the same:

Response: fzSftp started, protocol_version=11
Command: open "USER@DOMAIN" 22
Command: Pass: ***********
Error: Could not connect to server

So I got connected, but then lost connection immediately after?

I thought of the firewall, but everything there is set to allow FTP on port 22; and I can connect with the root account though.
Also, I thought that I might find something about the connection attempts in the auth.log, but I can't find anything. Is there something logged about the attempts? If so, where?

Thanks.

Command: open "USER@DOMAIN" 22
If you use FTP, then I do not understand why in the provided logs "22" port is used, it is related to SSH/SFTP, not FTP.
FTP uses the 21 port to initiate the first connection to a server.

Back