• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Can't connect to Plesk after update to 18.0.61 Update 1

King555

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS x64
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update 1
I just upgraded my Plesk from version 18.0.60 Update 1 to 18.0.61 Update 1. Now I can't connect to the panel. Everything else works fine (websites, mail, etc.), but I can't connect to Plesk itself. There is no error message, just no connection (of course there is a browser error message, but this depends on the browser).

I use a specific port to connect to Plesk, not the standard port. Maybe this does not work anymore?

I already did a
Code:
service psa restart
, a
Code:
service sw-cp-server restart
, and a
Code:
plesk repair installation
without any success.

I've read in the forum that there were problems with a custom URL after the update, but obviously the fix has been released (which is Update 1).

What can I do?

Have you previously configured a customized URL for logging in?

Also, are there any errors when checking the status of service sw-engine status and service sw-cp-server status?

Last edited:
Yesterday evening it was still working, this morning I also have 502 Bad Gateway :/
(Debian 10)

According to service sw-engine status and service sw-cp-server status everything is fine, no error messages, just "active", green text, etc.

I figured out that the port was not reachable anymore (and the original ports are blocked via firewall). That's because ipv6_ports.inc and plesk.conf in the directory /etc/sw-cp-server/conf.d were overwritten with the default values by the last update (this never happened before). I edited them back for using my special port and now it works again! Thanks!

I had a similar issue, after upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61 last Thursday the dB did not restart and I had to replace a back up (I have little server experience, manage most from Plesk), the Plesk interface gives 500 Plesk\Exception\Database (see screenshot) and going to the repair kit doesn't solve anything.

Any suggestions what to do?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 13.08.04.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 13.08.04.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 05.21.59.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 05.21.59.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 09.50.52.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 09.50.52.png
    36 KB · Views: 10
Hi Kaspar,

Tx for the answer, what if I said I had some experience? I'd like to try and solve (and learn). SO if you have any directions, I'd be happy to try
tx/diederik

Sure. You'll first have to find out why mariadb won't start in the first place. Connect to your server via SSH and run systemctl status mariadb and journalctl -xe. This should give you some more information.

After that you can search trough the Plesk knowledge base (and perhaps this forum also) for any specific errors found in the previous step. If you unsure about anything, open a new topic with any information you've found so far.

ill give it a try - for now turning off the update prevents the event from happening, giving me sometime to find a solution.
Tx for the help!
/d

Back