• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't create customers/domains/subscriptions: complains about password and username

ShoneA

Basic Pleskian
Any time I attempt to create a customer, subscription, domain, anything I get the error "The password should be between 5 and 20 characters in length.". The password is exactly like that. On some pages it gives an error to the username I chose and the error just explains what a username is (??)....

The only actual error I've seen is one from creating an account via the command line. It was a PHP error relating to a function having issues with the encoding or something. (I think this is only relating to sending feedback though?)

Error occurred while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502 PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8//TRANSLIT' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 599

Error occurred while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502 PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 597​

I've tried OpenSuSE 12.3 with Plesk 11.5 and 12 and I'm now on OpenSuSE 13.1 with the latest Plesk 12.

Last edited:
Here is what happens when I try to create a test account via command line (ip redacted):

# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --create testtest.com -clogin testtestc -login testtestf -passwd 4u6sEE5YPulP -status enabled -dns true -hosting true -hst_type phys -php true -php_safe_mode false -notify false -template "Unlimited" -ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 597

PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8//TRANSLIT' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 599

PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 597

PHP Notice: iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `ISO-8859-1' to `UTF-8//TRANSLIT' is not allowed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-common/cu.php, Line: 599

Customer account with username "testtestc" does not exist

I think I fixed it. I pulled the /usr/lib/gconv and /usr/lib64/gconv folders from a working server and put them in the same place, and the chroot lib folder. Both of these folders didn't exist on my new install, yet the corresponding packages were installed. I guess this is some sort of bug with the OS or Plesk?

These mentioned directories are part of OS but not Plesk. I think that problem caused by some OS misconfiguration.

Back