• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't create new folder with file manager

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am having serious issues with my plesk installation. When I am logged in as root I tried to create a folder within a folder of a Joomla installation using the Plesk file manager provided by the GUI.
When I try to do that I get the following message:
filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/mkdir command.

The problem is that also Joomla is not able to create folders anymore which is a big problem.
I haven't chenged any settings in my domain settings.
I am using Apache with PHP 7.0.22 as FPM.

Any Idea what could be wrong?

Best regards
Onki

Hi onki,

in the first place, I recommend to repair your file - system permissions with the Plesk Repair Utility command ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):

Code:
plesk repair fs -y -v

More informations on how to use the Plesk Repair Utility, can be found at the Plesk documentation at:

If this didn't already solved your described issue, pls. consider to open a bug - report, so that this report might be handed over to the Plesk developpers:

Hi,

Thanks so far. It seems that the problem is related to not enough hard disk space on my server.
This is very weird because I was using only 1/3 of the capacity for years and nor all the sudden the disk is full. It seems that Plesk is not working after a server restart since mySQL cannot be started.

Is there any tool or advice to find out where all the data is located. I can't believe the disk is full or maybe a bad sofware is causing this issue creating tons of files.

Best regards
Onki

Have you checked whether there is a partitioning issue on your server? For example, I used a CentOS minimal install and then installed plesk afterwards. The CentOS install allocates space to different partitions than Plesk uses.

Hi,

when I run
"df -h"
I get this result:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/ploop13784p1 150G 150G 0 100% /
devtmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 2.0G 205M 1.8G 11% /run
tmpfs 5.0M 20K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
tmpfs 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /run/shm

This shows me that /dev/ploop13784p1 is mounted as root and uses 100% of the capacity.
After entering
"du -h --max-depth=1 /"
this is shown in the summary:
80G /var
83G /

This means to me that the whole mount only uses 83G where /var is using 80G of that. Where is the rest?
Is it possible in Plesk to get a mail notification when 75 to 80% of the disk space is used or if the filling of the disk is irregular high (more that 1GB /h or so) ?
I'd love to have a more comprehensive usage analysis (graphical) such like treesize for Windows.

Best regards
Onki

Is it possible in Plesk to get a mail notification when 75 to 80% of the disk space is used or if the filling of the disk is irregular high (more that 1GB /h or so) ?
If I'm not mistaken Watchdog extension can do this.

Back