• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't de-install Plex 7 ? Help ?????

R

robdyk

I thought I could install Plesk 7 On windows 2000. Wrong !!!
During the installation procedure it broke off. Now I'm left with an incomplete installation of Mysql/Apache and other stuff.
Now I want to de-install. But How do i do that ? There's no uninstall option in the program group neither can I find it back in ControlPanel>Software.
It's a big risk deleting manually the registry keys.
I've stopped all Plesk related services in the services manager for now.
So it is safe then to just delete c:\Program Files\SWsoft ? Do I get all kinds of weird errors from keys left behind in th eregistry ?

Why not just post instructions on the removal of the registry key which gets rid of plesk and allows a clean reinstall?

Why does Plesk require or desire to get everyones login for their box?

I realize that this is an issue that may make it better for plesk but then again why not just post those easy deinstall procedures??

Why have a program that STAYS in the registry like that?

It would be nice to have Plesk people saying hey here is this issue and here if you want to remove Plesk totally is the ay to do it. I mean even Anti Virus companies tell us dimwitted users how to remove something in the registry that we don't want there..

Plesk should do the same. To remove Plesk you MUST remove that registry key and it is VERY hard to do so without some type of removal instructions that the company should give its buyers of which I am one.

Maxx

Back