• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant delete or overwrite files through ftp

RichDR

New Pleskian
Hi,

I'm new to dedicated servers and the set up so far has been daunting to say the least. So please treat me like an idiot cos that is about the level of knowledge i have at the moment.

My server (supplied by 1and1.... I know. i can hear the groans) is running windows server 2008 R2 64bit with IIS7

I created several sites on two IP addresses using the Parallels Small Business Panel 10.2.0. The sites work fine and i can upload files to the sites through my FTP client (Filezilla) no problem. I can also rename files through FTP but i cant delete or Overwrite them.
I have spent literally spent days reading forums, knowledge bases and Microsoft's support pages and i'm still drawing a blank. I have tried to change all sorts of permissions both in Parallels Small Business Panel 'file manager' section and (IIS) Manger through remote desktop and i just cant get it to work.
As far as i can tell its not a filezilla configuration issue as i can overwrite/delete on another server (shared hosting) and also the same issue applies using another FTP client.

I really need my hand holding through this as i am walking in the dark without a light...

Many many thanks in advance

Back