• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't get rid of index.php prefix from all url slugs

f0rtem

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
Hi, I've installed WordPress using WordPress Toolkit, I noticed that my permalinks structure included the prefix /index.php/url. I've tried simply deleting it, however it causes server error 404 page not found to appear for all of my pages.

I have tried modifying .htaccess but it won't change.

PHP 8.1.9 running as FPM application served by nginx.

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this.

Hello!
Do you use any plugin for change URL?
Could you show your setting of Permalinks in WP?
1662461763143.png
If I choose any other than custom without /index.php/ I get 404 error on my pages.

Check if the setting "Custom Error Documents" is enabled:

Custom Error Documents is enabled, If I try to disable it I get 403.

Just a note: when you run a website using Nginx, the .htaccess file no longer applies. A .htaccess file only works with the Apache webserver.

I think ,htaccess can't affect because you use nginx.
May be you have custom configs of Nginx web server (domain -> Hosting & Dns -> Apache & nginx Settings)

Just a note: when you run a website using Nginx, the .htaccess file no longer applies. A .htaccess file only works with the Apache webserver.
I think ,htaccess can't affect because you use nginx.
May be you have custom configs of Nginx web server (domain -> Hosting & Dns -> Apache & nginx Settings)
Nginx does not read htaccess, it is true. I'm curious what other options nginx has to fix this problem. I will see If I can find any methods.

Back