• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Cant install Plesk 9.2 from scratch.

J

JarekG

Hi,

I'm having a troubles with installing plesk 9.2. on completely new container. Hardware node has already got a container, with the same templates but from some reason I can't install new plesk on the new container.

Operating system is W2k3 with SP2. When I run plesk 9.2 installator it extracts the files and on checking installation conditions I've got an error:

"The dependency service or group failed to start. (Error code 1068) at StartService 'W3SVC'". I can't go further.

Any ideas what may be wrong ?

Regards,
Jarek

I also noticed following errors after creating new container:

LoadPref "The Performance registry value Counter 009 string is corrupted. Skip string \"ۑŎ\"."

LoadPref "The performance counter name string value in the registry is incorrectly formatted. The bogus string is ㉰
Ÿ ŷ㉰
Ÿ ű 妸
Ÿ ų, the bogus index value is the first DWORD in Data section while the last valid index values are the second and third DWORD in Data section."

LoadPref "Installing the performance counter strings for service C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcprf.ini (C:\WINDOWS\system32\msdtcprf.ini) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section."

ESENT "Catalog Database (8412) Catalog Database: An attempt to move the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log" to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb0000F.log" failed with system error 183 (0x000000b7): "Cannot create a file when that file already exists. ". The move file operation will fail with error -1022 (0xfffffc02)."

ESENT "Catalog Database (8412) Catalog Database: Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1022."

ESENT "Catalog Database (8412) Catalog Database: The logfile sequence in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\" has been halted due to a fatal error. No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence. Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup."

ESENT "Catalog Database (8412) Catalog Database: Unable to rollback operation #21995 on database C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\catdb. Error: -510. All future database updates will be rejected."

And when I'm trying to start IIS Admin service I've got:

"Windows could not start the IIS Admin Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -2146893802"

It looks like a template corruption. The question is why the other container which uses exactly the same template works fine.

Is there any way to check template ?

How to install new W2k3_SP2 template in different name ? Just only to check if it's really a template.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Jarek

IIS is already installed from windows 2003 sp2 template delivered by Parallels.

So I can't even reinstall IIS because I would need to have a CD installation disk (ridiculous).

Is there any command that I could check ... I don't even know what I would like to check, but something like template integrity or content ?

Regards,
Jarek

Back