• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Can't open "Plesk installer"

Zoo3

Regular Pleskian
I can't open "Plesk installer". (https://IP address:8447/~~~~)

When I try to open it in Firefox, "TLS handshake with IP address is being executed" is displayed in the status bar. In the case of Vivaldi Browser it's timeout to display for a while. In the case of Edge, it remains blank. The circle icon displayed on the tab has rotated all the way.

I can't update Plesk itself or add components as it is currently.
Plesk is version 17.0.17 update #28
CentOS is Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬

Disabling the Firewall does not seem to be relevant. Restarting the server does not improve it.
How do I get access to the Plesk installer?

I disabled the setting of HTST, cleared the browser cache etc and tried the connection.
Then I got access to the Plesk Installer and it became possible to display. *The address is an IP address.
Vivaldi didn't proceed with the update process. Plesk update is finally displayed in Firefox and the update is proceeding.

What about using Plesk installer in CLI? Just run it and follow instructions:
I do not know this method. Please tell me for the future.

I tried it in that way, but it seems I can't do it if HTST is valid. I didn't react until I waited for many minutes after entering the command.
Currently, I seem to have no way to turn off HTST one by one when there is an update.
Thank you very much.

@Zoo3: Actually, the browser is doing exactly what it is supposed to do: In HSTS on the first validated connection the browsers stores that it will only connect to the SSL port of an IP or domain for every future connection. For that reason it discards any different connects. It is not possible to make exceptions to it, because that would counteract what HSTS is meant for. This negative side effect of HSTS is one of the reasons why it is not very popular and sometimes criticized. If you are working on Space Shuttle or nuclear power plant, weapon construction plans or other really security critical material I think that the man-in-the-middle attack that HSTS is shielding you from is a very unlikely scenario. In your case it is probably causing more issues than benefits. We are seeing many Nextcloud and Owncloud users that want HSTS, but again, it is an overkill for common sense use. Maybe you should re-evaluate whether it makes sense to keep the HSTS setting or whether simple, normal SSL/TLS would make your life easier.

Back