• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't see mail for an specific domain

skuark

New Pleskian
Hi. I have a site configure in my plesk panel, and I am not able to see the mail options for that domain. I've tried multiple solutions I've found on different threads and Plesk support pages, but I haven't been able to solve it.

If I add a new domain to the plesk panel, this new domain has the mail options, but no for the existing domain.

If I run this, it says the mail service is turned on for that domain:

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain --info MYDOMAIN | grep 'Mail'
Mail Accounts
Mail service:                           On
Mailboxes:                              0
Mail forwarders:                        0
Mail groups:                            0
Mailing Lists
Mailing list service:                   Off

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

SO it's saying 0 mailboxes... what do you see in the Plesk interface? Also, what do you see in this directory;

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com

That directory is empty.

Some screenshots of the interface:

For the exampe domain:

Captura_de_pantalla_2018_02_21_a_las_18_06_40.png

For the domain with the problem:

Captura_de_pantalla_2018_02_21_a_las_18_06_50.png

In Mail > Configuration I only see the example domain:

Captura_de_pantalla_2018_02_21_a_las_18_07_02.png

And the output of the command above for both domains:

Captura_de_pantalla_2018_02_21_a_las_18_15_41.png

No, I didn't create an email address for this domain yet. I purchased the new VPS yesterday, deployed the website, I applied some configs, updated plesk to the latest version, etc. And then I've tried to configure some mailboxes and I've been not able to do that.

I've also tried creating an account from the user creation option, with the option to also create an email address, and it appears an error saying that I've reached the max number of mailboxes. But if I create a user with the example.com domain the user and the mailbox is created properly.

The article referenced is precisely one of the tutorials I followed trying to solve the problem. When I run the mail_restore.sh script it says "Mail services already enabled for this domain!" and exits.

Thanks.

Could be a bad upgrade, try running;

# plesk repair installation

That should kick off the bootstrapper repair procedure.

I tried this before, after finding this thread: Resolved - Mail settings tab missing for all domains.

I've tried it again, and then I've rebooted the machine, but I'm afraid it doesn't work for me.

After running the repair the last time, I've seen there is a problem starting the service drwebd, but I am not sure if it could be related to the issue. Apart from that, it seems all is ok:

Code:
$ plesk repair installation

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.5.3-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
===> Configuring ProFTPD server
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
drwebd.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig drwebd on
Job for drwebd.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status drwebd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
INFO: [Wed Feb 21 21:02:12 CET 2018]: Serice: drwebd, Action: start
 Trying to start service drwebd... failed
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd[8522]: A path to a valid license key file was not specified.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd.real[8525]: A path to a valid license key file was not specified.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd[8522]: Plesk authorization failed: cannot load Plesk public key from  - No such file or directory
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd.real[8525]: Plesk authorization failed: cannot load Plesk public key from  - No such file or directory
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd[8522]: Error: Plesk Software not running.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 drwebd.real[8525]: Error: Plesk Software not running.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 systemd[1]: PID file /var/drweb/run/drwebd.pid not readable (yet?) after start.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: drwebd is a Dr.Web Daemon.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 systemd[1]: Unit drwebd.service entered failed state.
Feb 21 21:02:12 vl53962 systemd[1]: drwebd.service failed.

WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service drwebd(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Parallels support.

There are nothing relevant in these log files.

eh you may just want to cp the /var/www/vhosts/domain.com folder to root, remove and re-add the domain, and then copy it back. You may need to use the repair utility to fix permissions if you do so.

# plesk bin repair --restore-vhosts-permissions

OH MySQL database dumps too I suppose if you have those. It really shouldn't take that long unless it's a huge site....

Back