• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cant upgrade to Plesk 12.5 or update php because of imagick dependencies

slayer1ss

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i opened this thread about 15 minutes ago but someone deleted it!! Can you please explain to me why?? This is not a bogus problem and is really important for me since i want to install php5.3 to the server through plesk interface...

PLESK: 12.0.18 Update #62

#/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components
[...]
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
plesk-php56-imagick-3.1.2-centos7.15061116.x86_64 requires libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)
plesk-php56-imagick-3.1.2-centos7.15061116.x86_64 requires libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)

Also when i try to upgrade to Plesk 12.5 i get the same error... Full log is attached...

Attachments

• parallels-installation-log.txt
    71 KB · Views: 1
Hi slayer1ss,

first of all, please be aware, that I never experienced a thread or post being deleted here in this forum at all, if it wasn't clearly a spam-post of any bot. There must be an issue on YOUR site, so that the post/thread wasn't published.

Second, you used the string "--select-release-current", which is the option to chosse the "current installed" version on your server and the depending components for it. To upgrade/downgrade to another release, yuo have to choose the string "--all-versions" instead, or choose "--select-release-latest" for the latest possible version for your system. Please only choose stable releases, if you use a production server.

Third, to solve your issue with imageMagick, please have a look at this forum - thread:

If the suggested "Best answer" doesn't help you to solve the issue, please have a closer look at the thread, because it contains other suggestions as well.

Hi, i am pretty sure that my post wasnt a spam since it was my first post over 6 months and it was removed 11+ minutes after being published because i remember that i refreshed the page and saw posted 11 minutes ago timestamp below the thread...

The command i used was for to update the php5.6 version not to upgrade to Plesk 12.5 which i also added a full upgrade log to my message just in case...

As for the link that you have sent me, answer says to upgrade to MU #60 but as you can see on my first post i am already using MU #62, i have remi repo installed and my ImageMagick is installed from remi repo with version 6.9.2-0 Q16

I really dont want to remove ImageMagick to be able install updates since it was a pain to install it in the first time... Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi slayer1ss,

your thread title shows "Cant upgrade to Plesk 12.5 or update php because of imagick dependencies", but you don't want to try for example:
@Brujo, @umgfoin

On a MU#60 system, its's not really a great workaround but this solution worked on one of our nodes and it stopped throwing errors - Does it work for you?

Remove Imagick first:

# remove ImageMagick
# yum remove ImageMagick-devel
# pecl uninstall imagick

Now re-install Imagick:

# yum install ImageMagick
# yum install ImageMagick-devel
# pecl install imagick (just hit enter at each prompt for autodetection)
# echo "extension=imagick.so" > /etc/php.d/imagick.ini (copy this whole line)
# service httpd restart

If you don't want to try the suggestions from other users, you might consider to have a look at:

... because your initial issue is:
Code:
Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
[B]plesk-php56-imagick-3.1.2-centos7.15061116.x86_64 requires libMagickCore.so.5()(64bit)[/B]
plesk-php56-imagick-3.1.2-centos7.15061116.x86_64 requires libMagickWand.so.5()(64bit)

You have as well additional options with yum to ignore dependencies, if you don't like the idea to upgrade/update your installed imageMagick with the suggested solutions. Please see the yum manual for more informations and help.

Hello,

Please, post the output of the following commands
rpm -ql ImageMagick|grep libMagickCore.so
rpm -q ImageMagick

Thank you all for your helps... I had to remove Imagick completely after that i updated all compenents and upgraded to 12.5 without any problems, when all finished i tried to install Imagick again but apparently somehow it got reinstalled during updates... It is not the latest versions but i dont care as long as it is working correctly...

Back