• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't use in main domain the Wildcard Subdomain Lets Encrypt Certificate

goodomen

New Pleskian
In plesk help at 2. Access Your Mailbox
2. Access Your Mailbox
at the end of the page there is the

Known Issues and Limitations of Mail Autodiscover
at bullet no 3 it states a guide that is not possible to be.
and i quote:

Domains have wildcard subdomains (those that have the asterisk prefix *) in the DNS settings.
To enable mail autodiscover via HTTPS for these domains, create a wildcard subdomain in Plesk,
get a wildcard SSL/TLS certificate,
and secure the following with this certificate:
the domain itself, the mail server, and the created wildcard subdomain.

Question 1

When i create a wildcard subdomain in Plesk what is the
"Hosting Settings" Website or No web hosting?

Question 2
At "Hosting Settings" of the example.com the only Certificate option is a certificate "Lets Encrypt example.com"

It doesnt show the wildcard certificate.
The same for the Mail Settings

-------------------------------------------------------------
To secure the wildcard subdomain, go to its Hosting Settings and choose the wildcard certificate (the one that has the asterisk prefix *).
This is correct, at "Hosting Settings" of the wildcard subdomain "*.example.com" there is a Certificate "Lets Encrypt *.example.com"

Choosing the wildcard certificate for the wildcard subdomain is necessary because it will otherwise use the self-signed Plesk SSL/TLS certificate by default (even if a wildcard certificate was issued).
If you do not choose the wildcard certificate for the wildcard subdomain, you will see a warning message during mail autodiscover.

This is the warning i am trying to avoid!

In Microsoft Office Outlook, the message looks like this:
80150.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To enable mail autodiscover via HTTPS for these domains, create a wildcard subdomain in Plesk,
get a wildcard SSL/TLS certificate,
and secure the following with this certificate:
the domain itself, the mail server, and the created wildcard subdomain.

It is not possible to secure with the wildcard certificate the domain itself, and the mail server, the only certificate avalable is the Lets Encrypt example.com" not the wildcard.

I hope I made my point clear and not confused you.
Any help will be much appreciated, I have spend hours and not going anywhere with this.
Thanks

Back