• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Can't Use incremental backup.

WilsonK

New Pleskian
Hello,

Plesk version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.51

I would like to backup Plesk system, but The Use incremental backup is dim, so I cannot select it.
1680582165721.png
2. If I can select incremental backup, how to keep 14 days of backup? because the old version has this feature.

3. What is this ? Plesk's encryption key is default settings.
1680582283082.png
1680582302768.png
Thanks

Attachments

• 1680582129143.png
    1680582129143.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1680582151875.png
    1680582151875.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
I would recommend reading up on these documentations:

But to quickly answer the questions:

I would like to backup Plesk system, but The Use incremental backup is dim, so I cannot select it.
Make sure all of your settings are set in the backup manager before scheduling a backup. Also just because it looks grey, you should still be able to click it, if not, like I said, make sure all the settings are set.
2. If I can select incremental backup, how to keep 14 days of backup? because the old version has this feature.
Refer to the links above but basically you tell it how many full backups you want to keep, it'll keep all the incremental between the full backups for obvious reasons. But you can choose how many full backups to keep and how often (I have mine set to 2 full backups to keep doing it weekly.
3. What is this ? Plesk's encryption key is default settings.
The encryption key is something that is generated based on the server and installation details (the documentation explains it all). But basically if you're storing the backup locally it encrypts the backup (it doesn't encrypt everything) for security reasons, it doesn't apply if you're backing up remotely though, only user-specific passwords are used.

Hello,

I can select the Use incremental backup , but still don't understand after reading the Backup rotation, any example?

Thanks

What is it that you don't understand? Incremental will keep going until the next full backup based off of full backup schedule.

I know what incremental backup is, I mean how to do one full backup and 6 days an incremental backup in a week, because I want to keep 14 days.

Back