• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't use pleskbackup

T

thedust2010

I'm trying to use pleskbackup to back up some domain before removing them from the server. Let's say the domain I want to back up is "mydomain.com". I go and create a 0-byte file at /root/backup/mydomain_com and then execute the following:

[root@xxx ~]# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup domains mydomain.com -f=/root/backup/mydomain_com
Runtime error: Unable to create output file '-f=/root/backup/mydomain_com': No such file or directory at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Storage/Splitter.pm line 74.

gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
backup_sign: Error writing dump to file
System error 32: Broken pipe
16:23:17 ERROR Failed to create MIME message

I've searched around but can't find much information on this error. Any advice?

I'm pretty new to pleskbackup tool, but I'd say the last argument is the output-file which is simply the path/file without any flags, like the -f.

By the way I think the -f flag reads from file which domains to backup.

The backup tool won't create the path for the backup file, so you must create it previously.

And last but not least, it also support help in the form of:

/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup help

Here is how to backup a domain by command line.

#/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup -v domains <domain name> <backup file name>

eg.
#/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup -v domains mydomain.com /root/backup/mydomain_com

Here is how to backup a domain by command line.

#/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup -v domains <domain name> <backup file name>

eg.
#/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup -v domains mydomain.com /root/backup/mydomain_com

Works like a charm! Thanks so much!

Back