• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Can't write external URL in FORUMS!!!

D

Dejin

Hello all,
I have Windows 2003 server with Plesk 7.6.1
I installed, IPB, VBulletin, SMF forums.. All of them when I or other members wants to change avatar and when they choose external URL... PHP says;
CGI error!
Then Service Unavialable.
I have to restart the server to make PHP run again.
Does anyone knows how to solve it?

Thank you for your time!

I believe it is plesk settings cousing this problem. I am running PHP as ISAPI having this problem, if I won't run it as ISAPI and I will choose CGI support, then I am having CGI ERROR. But at least it is just saying this. It is not crushing whole PHP in server that I need to restart to make PHP run again!

Hi Dejin, I came accross a similar problem which may be related. In order for php to load an external URL it usually uses the function fopen.

Plesk 7.6.1 comes with PHP 4.4.2 and there is a known issue with fopen and external URLs. It will give a CGI Error.

See version 4.4.3 http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-4.php

* Fixed bug #36017 (fopen() crashes PHP when opening a URL).

If the forums are using fopen() for external urls (a differnt domain) then this is more than likely your problem.

Ive not used any of the forums so I cant say for sure.

Back