• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Case sensitive index files

kevinjansen

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Alma 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.57
Dear,

Is there a option to change the panel.ini to prevent case sensitive index files.

We found a customer during our migrations that used Uppercase starting files like Index.htm, and that website was not working anymore.
Ofcourse you can change it for this specific customer, but we are having another few thousand domains coming, and there is a chance that there will be more strange names on index files.

I have checked to enable apache speling module, but that does not seem to affect the directory index.
So i changed the panel.ini file to:
directoryIndex = "index.php index.html index.cgi index.pl index.xhtml index.htm index.shtml Index.php Index.html Index.cgi Index.pl Index.xhtml Index.htm Index.shtml"

This will cover atleast the starting uppercase, but i know there are also like old website in the time of frontpage that created index.HTM(L) files. And i think that will also result in a not loading website.

Kind regards,

Kevin

What you could try is to use something like

Code:
LoadModule speling_module modules/mod_speling.so

<IfModule mod_speling.c>
  CheckSpelling On
  CheckCaseOnly On
</IfModule>

in an add-on Apache configuration file, but that will not only influence the spelling of index files, but of all other files, too. I'd not do it when you have many domains with content from different sources, because sometimes spelling is important and it is required that case is paid attention to.

Dear,

Thanks. I have updated indeed the panel.ini file. The speling option is indeed a bad option because some websites may use it. And we are at the start of migrating over 80k accounts to Plesk. Will modify the Panel.ini on the flow when we run against other strange index files. Thanks!

Back